Saturday 21 December 2013

Joel Osteen -- -Speaking Faith into your Future-

               Joel Osteen -- -Speaking Faith into your Future-


                    


Joel Osteen -- -Speaking Faith into your Future- by farrukhj 

 

  Joel Osteen -- -Speaking Faith into your Future- 

 

 

Preaching style

In the first few months after he took over for his father as senior pastor, Joel Osteen tried to emulate his father's preaching style, but soon developed his own approach. His sermon preparation involves memorizing his remarks and listening to himself on tape. During sermons he has said he avoids making eye contact with individuals when manning the pulpit to avoid getting distracted.[22]
Osteen says that he chooses to focus more on the goodness of God and on living an obedient life than on sin.[23] Osteen says that he tries to teach Biblical principles in a simple way, emphasizing the power of love and a positive attitude.[24] When asked why he does not discuss sin, the Devil and Hell in detail, Osteen stated in an interview with CBN News, "When I grew up, the Devil was a reason why I had a headache or the Devil was the reason I got mad today. We always blamed the Devil. I think today when I say the enemy, I like to make it broader. Sometimes the enemy can be our own thoughts. We’ve trained ourselves the wrong way. Or the enemy can be our own lack of discipline. Some people preach about Hell like you're already going there, and to me the Gospel means 'Good News.' I'd rather say God is a God of mercy. So I think the people already know what they’re doing wrong, and I certainly believe in Hell. But to me, when I see thousands of people before me, it just doesn’t come out of me to say, 'You guys are terrible, and you’re going to Hell.' I’d rather say that God is a God of mercy. You’ve got to live an obedient life, but for every mistake you’ve made, there’s mercy there, and I believe we can do better".[9]

      Joel Osteen -- -Speaking Faith into your Future-

Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen at Lakewood Church.JPG
Osteen at Lakewood Church, December 8, 2007
Born Joel Scott Osteen
March 5, 1963 (age 51)
Houston, Texas
Religion Evangelical Christianity
Spouse(s) Victoria Osteen (m. 1987)
Children Jonathan, Alexandra
Parents John Osteen (father)
Dolores Pilgrim Osteen (mother)[1]

Church(es) Lakewood Church
Offices held Senior pastor (1999 – present)
Website
www.JoelOsteen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment